Schema.sql Cannot find the object "dbo.MembersThreads"

Topics: Developer Discussion, Help, Request
May 16, 2007 at 3:11 AM
When I ran the Schema.sql in the godaddy web server I received errors.

Error:

Cannot find the object "dbo.MembersThreads" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Here is just one of the sections it errors against. It also receives an error on
ALTER TABLE dbo.aspnet_Membership CHECK CONSTRAINT FK__aspnet_Me__UserI__15502E78
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.foreignkeys WHERE objectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.FK_MembersThreads_MemberInfo') AND parentobjectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.MembersThreads'))
ALTER TABLE dbo.MembersThreads WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT FK_MembersThreads_MemberInfo FOREIGN KEY(memberid)
REFERENCES MemberInfo (memberid)
ALTER TABLE dbo.MembersThreads CHECK CONSTRAINT FK_MembersThreads_MemberInfo
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.foreignkeys WHERE objectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.FK_MembersThreads_Threads') AND parentobjectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.MembersThreads'))
ALTER TABLE dbo.MembersThreads WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT FK_MembersThreads_Threads FOREIGN KEY(threadid)
REFERENCES Threads (threadid)
ON DELETE CASCADE
ALTER TABLE dbo.MembersThreads CHECK CONSTRAINT FK_MembersThreads_Threads
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.foreignkeys WHERE objectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.FK_MembersForums_MemberInfo') AND parentobjectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.MembersForums'))
ALTER TABLE dbo.MembersForums WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT FK_MembersForums_MemberInfo FOREIGN KEY(memberid)
REFERENCES MemberInfo (memberid)
ON DELETE CASCADE
ALTER TABLE dbo.MembersForums CHECK CONSTRAINT FK_MembersForums_MemberInfo
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.foreignkeys WHERE objectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.FK_Messages_Threads') AND parentobjectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.Messages'))
ALTER TABLE dbo.Messages WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT FK_Messages_Threads FOREIGN KEY(threadid)
REFERENCES Threads (threadid)
ON DELETE CASCADE

Also at the bottom of the script:
ALTER TABLE dbo.aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers CHECK CONSTRAINT FK__aspnet_Pe__PathI__4BAC3F29
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.foreignkeys WHERE objectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.FK_Threads_Topics') AND parentobjectid = OBJECTID(N'dbo.Threads'))
ALTER TABLE dbo.Threads WITH CHECK ADD CONSTRAINT FK_Threads_Topics FOREIGN KEY(topicid)
REFERENCES Topics (topicid)
ON DELETE CASCADE
ALTER TABLE dbo.Threads CHECK CONSTRAINT FK_Threads_Topics
ON DELETE CASCADE

Coordinator
May 16, 2007 at 11:26 AM
OK, GoDaddy officially sucks!

Do they accept .bak files? If so, create a SQL Express database, put in some data and then generate the .bak file.
May 17, 2007 at 2:45 AM
Go Daddy doesn't allow dbo in your scripts. You must use the user ID you used to create your DB. It is the one that is used in your web config.

Believe it or not, it is for your security. Just use that ID and it will create everything. You can mod your local stuff to use the same ID and password as Go Daddy if you like.

Bob
May 17, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Fair warning in version 2.0 of the csk "dbo." is used in many more pages.

I may give go daddy another try soon.

I will move forward in finding a host that I can easily and quickly (30 seconds) get my datbase deployed/restored/backup.

May 17, 2007 at 3:22 PM

hotaling wrote:
Fair warning in version 2.0 of the csk "dbo." is used in many more pages.

I may give go daddy another try soon.

I will move forward in finding a host that I can easily and quickly (30 seconds) get my datbase deployed/restored/backup.

Ultimahosts is the best, they will also setup a test account for you to try out. It is so easy to get your database up and running.
May 17, 2007 at 4:26 PM

I have an Ultimahosts up and running. (Still can not get admin access)
I have the option to use managment studio to restore my database on my web server but I have not figured out how to create the .bak (backup) with sql managment studio.

May have to use sql developer edition and use the slick baclup tools?
I would prefer not to resort to a (non express edition) cost based tool.

Gee if I just get one admin account I could assign the admin role.
"its getting that first one thats killing me"

May 17, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Created a .bak file and went online to ultimahosts and selected database and selected restore and pointed to my local file system and received F drive location error? The location look good only I told it C: drive not F: drive.

The "F:\" path does not exist not sure why it is looking for a .bak file in this location?

TITLE: Locate Backup File - ULTIMAHO-4B913E
------------------------------

F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup
Cannot access the specified path or file on the server. Verify that you have the necessary security privileges and that the path or file exists.

If you know that the service account can access a specific file, type in the full path for the file in the File Name control in the Locate dialog box.