Deployment problem IWAM_ rights

Topics: Help
May 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM
I am trying to deploy the clubsite to a hosting provider giving me sql server and asp.net 2.0.
When I copied the site, and run it with following connetion string:
<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|ClubDB.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

I get an error message:

italics
Login failed for user 'WEB01\IWAM_plesk(default)'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'WEB01\IWAM_plesk(default)'.

Source Error:

Line 59: end if
Line 60:
Line 61: throw
Line 62:
Line 63: end try

Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vrhosting.nl\httpdocs\UserControls\WebContent.ascx Line: 61

Stack Trace:

SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'WEB01\IWAM_plesk(default)'.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734995
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +33
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +628
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +170
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +130
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +424

Does anybody have an idea?

May 26, 2007 at 8:50 PM

rvanhoornaar wrote:
I am trying to deploy the clubsite to a hosting provider giving me sql server and asp.net 2.0.
When I copied the site, and run it with following connetion string:
<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|ClubDB.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

I get an error message:

italics
Login failed for user 'WEB01\IWAM_plesk(default)'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'WEB01\IWAM_plesk(default)'.

Source Error:

Line 59: end if
Line 60:
Line 61: throw
Line 62:
Line 63: end try

Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vrhosting.nl\httpdocs\UserControls\WebContent.ascx Line: 61

Stack Trace:

SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'WEB01\IWAM_plesk(default)'.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734995
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +33
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +628
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +170
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +130
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +424

Does anybody have an idea?

solved the problem. attachdbfilename does not work so well on not sqlexpress db's. Just created the db in the hosters console and changed connectionstring to that db