Problem when send Email

Topics: Help
Jun 5, 2007 at 3:25 PM
When I send email to members from CSK , I got this error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no row at position 0.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.

Source Error:

Line 375: Public Default ReadOnly Property Item(ByVal index As Integer) As MemberInfoRow
Line 376: Get
Line 377: Return CType(Me.Rows(index),MemberInfoRow)
Line 378: End Get
Line 379: End Property

Source File: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\7c1f888e\fa7c875e\App_Code.rtsv-ahg.10.vb Line: 377

Stack Trace:

IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.
System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) +1880010
System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +14
MemberInfoDataTable.getItem(Int32 index) in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\7c1f888e\fa7c875e\AppCode.rtsv-ahg.10.vb:377
Admin_Email.GetRecipients() in c:\home\skoelvig\www\Admin\Email.aspx.vb:139
AdminEmail.btnSendClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\home\skoelvig\www\Admin\Email.aspx.vb:50
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Can anyone help me
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2007 at 5:57 AM
Did you configure it right? Your email settings NEED to appear in 2 placed in the web.config, which is in the docs.
Jun 6, 2007 at 10:18 AM
Yes I have configured web.config in 2 places, and I still receive this error message
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2007 at 7:54 PM
Can you send me 3 files:

web.config (WITH YOUR PASSWORDS STARED OUT)
Email.aspx
Email.vb
Jun 11, 2007 at 6:32 AM

z2bass wrote:
Can you send me 3 files:

Email.aspx
Email.vb

Looks like it isn't a mailing issue but a database issue. It tries to create a list based on a empty dataset (or some thing like that). Maybe no group has been selected when sending the e-mail
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2007 at 1:56 PM
Sounds like we need to put in a statement in the code if no roles are selected, it is sent to everyone by default.
Jun 11, 2007 at 6:30 PM

z2bass wrote:
Can you send me 3 files:

Email.aspx
Email.vb

How can I send you these files?
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2007 at 7:18 PM
email... zowens@eagleenvision.net
Jun 11, 2007 at 7:35 PM

z2bass wrote:
email... zowens@eagleenvision.net

You have Email
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2007 at 5:12 AM
Marra, download the latest build and see if that fixes it. If not, let me know.
Mar 16, 2008 at 4:39 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM
We had the same issue in our site and found out it was a database issue. From my findings, somehow a user account can be created for the site, populating the dbo.aspnet_Users table in the DB, but for certain users it didn't populate the dbo.MemberInfo table. This caused the user information to be incomplete and I guess the Send Email function needs something in the dbo.MemberInfo table to send emails. To fix the issue I deleted the users account and asked them to re-register to the website. Before doing that I created a Foreign Key Relationship between the two tables in the database.

I'm guessing the error stems from perhaps a glitch in network traffic when a user is registering. If they don't get to the second screen where they enter their name, address, phone, etc... the dbo.MemberInfo table doesn't become populated and that is when you start having issued sending emails to registered users if that account is included in the security\distribution group you are sending the email to.