Did I download the right CSK ?

Topics: Help
Jun 26, 2007 at 10:23 PM
Hello.

I'm not sure that i have the right club starter kit.

Is there something i can look for to tell if i downloaded the right files?

I see there are other sites that have it up and running, but i'm having all kinds of issues. I can't change contact details for users other than Administrators. I can't send emails. When i look at my details for editors or bloggers, it displays the administrators details.

I posed the email sending problem to discountAsp.net tech support, and they said that there must be a programming issue because they can send emails from my web site using a test.aspx file.

I must be an idiot. I can't get any of this stuff to work using CSK 2.0.

I didn't change any of the code, just verbage on the web pages and the menu to add new items.

I see numerous other web sites that are running based on this CSK. Either i'm too stupid to use this system or the web sites i see are not really working.

Zack has been a tremendous help, but i realize that he can't do everything. He has tried to help as much as he can. There is some other issue here that is causing problems and i don't know what to look for. The only thing i can think of is i downloaded a wrong version or something.

I took VB programming and ASP.NET classes at the local college and thought that i had enough knowledge to get something like the CSK to work.

I don't get it.

Tony
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2007 at 12:22 AM
Do you think it could be a database issue? Are you able to browse news and events?

I recommend just downloading v2 Final, unpacking it, posting it on your site, and see if it works from there.

I'm here to help, Tony. (I'm out of school for the summer!)
Jun 27, 2007 at 12:04 PM

z2bass wrote:
Do you think it could be a database issue? Are you able to browse news and events?

I recommend just downloading v2 Final, unpacking it, posting it on your site, and see if it works from there.

I'm here to help, Tony. (I'm out of school for the summer!)

Hello Zack.

I'm sorry for the rant.

I don't think the problems i am having are database. However, i wil try your idea of uploading an unmodified version of CSK and see if it works any differently.

I did figure out why i could not email. I filled in these fields and that finally allowed me to send an email from my website.
<add key="ClubMailServer" value="mail.club.com" />
<add key="ClubMailUsername" value="admin@club.com" />
<add key="ClubMailPassword" value="password" />

I'm sorry, but i didn't think those settings were causing my problem.

Another item that i discovered is that non-administrators cannot add events. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I tried it with the unmodified CSK and it does the same thing, non-administrators cannot add events.

Do you have any ideas on that?

Thanks for all of your help and for being so patient.

Tony