Email Issues

Topics: Developer Discussion
Jun 27, 2007 at 9:40 AM
I am going to be making some changes to the Admin\Email pages. The changes that I have to make are required by my host (webhost4life), as an email with too many To addresses is blocked. They think it is spam. So I will be breaking up the emails into multiples (probably a max of 20 recipients per mail).

Are there any outstanding issues with the email pages? If I remember correctly, I did a lot of the original coding on them, and this is a good time to fix outstanding issues.

As with the other things I am changing, I will probably add a setting to the web.config like MaxRecipients so that the # is not hard-coded. -1 will be unlimited, for those of you that do not have this problem.

Any other suggestions?
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2007 at 3:54 PM
Keep in mind that I put in SubSonic in there.
Jun 27, 2007 at 6:34 PM
Well, I will not post the changes to TS then. I will post them here, and let you integrate them back into the source. That will fix the SubSonic issue.

One of these days I will take the time to wrap my head around SubSonic.

In the meantime, I think we need to start thinking about how existing users can upgrade to the latest version of the kit. What I mean is the SQL scripts usually delete all the tables and then create new ones. That is unthinkable in a production system. We need to have a couple versions of the scripts. One for new installs, and another for upgrades.
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Yea... is there some diff tool out there that can help with that? I agree... it is a problem. Just if there was a way for people to plug in an update script... that would be wonderful.