Locations

Topics: Developer Discussion, Help, Request
Jul 7, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Zach,

What was the rational behind deleting the locations?

"1) Deleted Locations. We MIGHT put it back in for beta 2... but it is OUT for beta 1"

It is a very integral part of the CSK.
Jul 7, 2007 at 3:20 PM
I agree, I use Locations for directions and local information and have put a lot of work in adding my locations, needs to be back in before I upgrade
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2007 at 5:17 PM
SubSonic 2.0.2 doesn't support "JOINS" so I was just going to simplify it for beta 1. It will most likely be put back in for beta 2. I need to work out the "join" query with SubSonic, first.

Unless this is an absolute necessity....?
Jul 7, 2007 at 6:59 PM
It is a necessity. It is how many club sites provide location information and directions to the Events. Taking this out is a major step in the wrong direction. We should focus on enhancing the kit not removing modules.
Jul 7, 2007 at 7:14 PM
I'm surprised subsonic doesn't support multi table selects.

Is it just the "join" syntax it has issues with? Can you just use where table1.id = t2.id type logic?
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2007 at 8:15 PM
I don't think there is a way to write a SubSonic query with 2 tables in mind.
Jul 7, 2007 at 9:48 PM
Looks like you're right:
http://actionpack.wekeroad.com/forums/t/1330.aspx

That seems incredibly limiting. Hopefully they'll remedy that fairly quickly.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2007 at 12:25 AM
I will file a feature request with them. I do know that they will be starting on a new query engine. I will suggest that better JOIN support be added then.

I could do it with an SP... but I like doing it by code MUCH better.

(Hey Tina... are you interested in becoming a dev on this project???? You have contributed in the forums lately and I think it has proven that you know your stuff!)
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2007 at 2:39 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2007 at 2:39 AM
OK... I put in a Feature Request over at the SubSonic issue tracker. GO VOTE FOR IT! The faster they implament a "Join" feature, the faster we can get location put back in!

http://www.codeplex.com/actionpack/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11739
Nov 7, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Any updates on this? The loss of this feature has gad a significant impact on my ability to upgrade my site to 3.X.

What is Subsonic saying?