Is it possible to replace the red 'X'

Topics: Help
Jul 7, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Hello.

Is it possible to replace the little red 'X' that appears in place of the lack of a photo?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Jul 7, 2007 at 7:01 PM
locate the nophoto.gif and place it in the images directory or the themes/images directory. It is just missing in one of the two I believe.
Jul 7, 2007 at 7:40 PM

rhhanson wrote:
locate the nophoto.gif and place it in the images directory or the themes/images directory. It is just missing in one of the two I believe.

Hello rh.

I copied the nophoto.gif file from App_Themes\ClubSite\Images to the Images folder. That did not seem to change anything. I still see the red X.

Thanks,
Tony
Jul 9, 2007 at 6:54 PM
Seems you get the red x in the membership list but in forums it shows the nophoto.gif.
Jul 9, 2007 at 7:18 PM
make sure the code in your member/list.aspx is:

<script runat="server">

Public Function picit(ByVal content As String) As String
If content Is Nothing Then
Return "../images/nophoto.gif"
Else
Return content
End If
End Function
Jul 9, 2007 at 8:30 PM

rhhanson wrote:
make sure the code in your member/list.aspx is:

<script runat="server">

Public Function picit(ByVal content As String) As String
If content Is Nothing Then
Return "../images/nophoto.gif"
Else
Return content
End If
End Function

I didn't see how this would fix the problem, since there is no control calling this Function. However, i put it in anyway and i was right. It does not help.

Thanks,
Tony
Jul 9, 2007 at 8:56 PM
right click and get the properties on the Red X image. That will tell you where it is trying to pull the image from. You are getting this only on the Membership page, correct?
Jul 9, 2007 at 9:07 PM
www............/member/

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:38 PM

rhhanson wrote:
right click and get the properties on the Red X image. That will tell you where it is trying to pull the image from. You are getting this only on the Membership page, correct?

Yes only on the membership page.

Address: (URL) http://localhost:1252/GirgentiWebSite/member/

Thanks,
Tony
Jul 10, 2007 at 3:20 AM
That's an odd place to pull the images from. When I right click on my avatar image I get:

AvatarImagefetch.ashx?Memberid=45edb9b6-a13f-4534-aa2c-4d526afdd82c.

I would guess it is using the memberid to lookup in the tables and find the avatar image associated with the user.

Users with no avatar phot are pulling:

http://www.ogfutbol.org/images/nophoto.gif

Do you have any users who having working avatar's?
Jul 10, 2007 at 1:18 PM

rhhanson wrote:
That's an odd place to pull the images from. When I right click on my avatar image I get:

AvatarImagefetch.ashx?Memberid=45edb9b6-a13f-4534-aa2c-4d526afdd82c.

I would guess it is using the memberid to lookup in the tables and find the avatar image associated with the user.

Users with no avatar phot are pulling:

Users with an avatar photo show properties of

http://www.ogfutbol.org/images/nophoto.gif

Do you have any users who having working avatar's?

Users with an avatar photo show properties of AvatarImagefetch.ashx?Memberid=45edb9b6-a13f-4534-aa2c-4d526afdd82c just like yours does.

Thanks,
Tony
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM
I fixed it in the most recent changeset.