Filter Member List with Dropdown list

Topics: Help
Jul 13, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Hallo,
is it possible to filter members using a dropdown list and a button instead "letters"?
Anyone have this problem?
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2007 at 1:13 AM
Francessco,

It shouldn't be hard to do. I will try to look up the best way to do it and get back to you.
Jul 16, 2007 at 5:06 PM
Hallo z2bass,

I'm trying to create different "Categories" of members and then filter in the MemberList with 2 DropdownList and a button, with those steps (similar to "memnum" example):

- add 2 new Tables (example "TbCity" and "TbRegion") in the ClubDB.mdf, whitin some values
- add 2 new fields in MemberInfo table (for example "City" and "Region")
- add the statements in Dataset.xsd and in MemberDetails.vb
- add Dropdownlists in Details.aspx and Register.aspx to insert and update values (also add "City.text" and "Region.text" in the line "da.update")

If I try to show categories in the list.aspx page, using this code for the ObjectDataSource:

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" DataObjectTypeName="System.Guid"
DeleteMethod="Delete" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}"
SelectMethod="GetMemberList" TypeName="DataSetTableAdapters.MemberInfoTableAdapter" FilterExpression="City = '{0}' AND Region = '{1}' ">
<FilterParameters>
<asp:ControlParameter Name="City" ControlID="DropDownList1" PropertyName="SelectedValue" />
<asp:ControlParameter Name="Region" ControlID="DropDownList2" PropertyName="SelectedValue" />
</FilterParameters>

The Datalist works good (filtering results) with all the fields, execpt the field '<%# Eval("PhotoURL") %>' cause it can't find in the GetMemberList method, so i can't show the photos in the "Categories" member list.

Could you help me?

Thank you very much
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM
Do you mind just sending me what you have... its hard to tell how to do this.
Jul 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM

z2bass wrote:
Do you mind just sending me what you have... its hard to tell how to do this.

How can I send you my project?
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Email: zowens@eagleenvision.net