Various Builds

Topics: Help
Aug 11, 2007 at 11:56 PM
Is there a way to show which files have changed in each build that fixes a specific bug? Maybe I just don't understand how to use the builds ... If that is the case, are there instructions?

However, it would be greatly helpful to know what files I have to add to my site to fix a bug (or even what code or if I have to regenerate the DB). Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2007 at 4:37 AM
That's really hard to tell. There can be more than 40 files that change at one time. The best way to do this is once the SvnBridge project is production-ready, I would hook it up to the ClubSK project and then you will be able to do an "Update To Revision". They you will be able to see a list of updated files.
Aug 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM

If there are only a few files affected, would it be possible to note them? As a user/web master, the builds are not particularly helpful to me (it takes me 3 - 4 days to change everything to the MHRRC version of the site).
While I imagine some bugs may have far-reaching effects in many files, I would imagine that others are just a few lines of code or a few files.

I don't know about the SvnBridge project ... do you have an approximate time frame?

Maybe I am not understanding the purpose of the starter kit: 1) to be used as is with few modifications or 2) to highlight new technologies or 3) to be used the way I use it, as a starting place to build on. If it is (3), I need a reasonable way to fix bugs.

This in no way detracts from the work you are doing. I see version 3 as a great improvement over version 2 (even though I am not using the polling or the league tracking).