Adding Membership Fields

Topics: Help
Aug 12, 2007 at 9:04 PM
I added 6 membership fields in v3 beta 1 (e.g., gender, birthdate, city, etc.). Everything works fine on the members/registration page, but nothing updates on the member/details page (it works fine in the original starter kit without the added fields). I have checked and rechecked the code after following the procedure on adding membership fields (and done it more than once to be sure).

Has anyone tried this to be sure the instructions work? I am considering just using VWDE with a details view allowing editing on the memberInfo table so it will work properly and skipping all this complexity. Any gotchas if I do this?

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Did you do all these steps?

http://www.codeplex.com/ClubStarterKit/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Adding%20a%20membership%20field&referringTitle=Documentation
Aug 12, 2007 at 11:34 PM

I did all of the steps. I assume steps 1 (add to the database) and 2 (configure DAL) worked because the member/register.aspx page works fine. I have checked and triple checked the Step 3 page edits for the detail.aspx page and everything is there.

I set a breakpoint at the event handler for the "update" button on member/details.aspx - it is almost as if the button does not fire anything, because in debugging mode, the breakpoint is never reached even when I click the "update" button. (of course, I am not really sure of what I am doing here.)