Newbie starter question

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:48 PM
I downloaded and installed the version 3.0 Beta 1. I ran the project and everything seems fine. I did notice that I dont see forums or blogs as part of the site I created. I am using VWD and I created a new web site from the Club Starter Kit template. Any thoughts?
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2007 at 8:19 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2007 at 8:20 PM
Did you run the Data.sql file against your DB? That is, if you aren't using the DB from the App_Data folder.
Aug 17, 2007 at 8:23 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2007 at 8:56 PM
No I didn't know there was one. I am using the DB that came with the package. I see the file you are speaking about in the original download folder but I'm not sure how to run it. Also, I was reading the upgrade notice but I dont see how to run the Tablechanger app.

z2bass wrote:
Did you run the Data.sql file against your DB? That is, if you aren't using the DB from the App_Data folder.

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:57 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2007 at 1:58 AM
I downloaded Sql Server Management Studio Express and ran the Data.sql script but I got a huge list of errors. As an FYI, I am just running this site on my laptop as it is not live yet. Found some other posts with similar problems. Since I originally downloaded the Version 3.0 Beta 1, I am assuming that I dont have to download the V2 to V3 Beta 1 Upgrade and I just have to run the Data.sql script from the original Version 3.0 beta 1 package download.