ASPNETDB.mdf not being created

Topics: Help
Sep 19, 2007 at 4:59 PM
I have been trying this source kit out for a few days now and I keep running into problems that i hope may be resolved by the kind help of you guys here :) My problem is basically the ASPNETDB.mdf file is not being created, I can run it in development mode from Visual Web Express and log in etc and have edited the connection string so it finds the clubDB.mdf file. I load up the asp.net web configurator and can see all the user settings etc that come with the starter kit but they arent being created into the ASPNETDB.mdf file that I should see in the app_data folder. I have since installed the full version of Video Studio 2005 and its the same problem, the site runs but only in development mode. As soon as I host it on my IIS machine I have running on my home network it fails to load, I have two other small projects working fine, one of them is the personal web starter. I am using SQL Express. Thanks in advance.
Sep 29, 2007 at 12:42 PM
The table that you would fine in the ASPNETDB.mdf is incorporated in the ClubDB.mdf. If you install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services SP 2 andattach the ClubDB database you will see the following table
aspnet_Applications
aspnet_Membership
aspnet_Paths
aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers
aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser
aspnet_Profile
aspnet_Roles
aspnet_SchemaVersions
aspnet_Users
aspnet_UsersInRoles
aspnetWebEventEvents

which is the content of a normal ASPNET db. I have the ClubStarterKit running fine on IIS on my Vista pc.

Hope this answer your question

What error are you getting when you load the app in IIS?

Cheers