Site going on Godaddy

Topics: Help, Request
Oct 23, 2007 at 6:14 PM
I am trying to get the site going on godaddy and I cant connect to the server on godaddy that I created with the club-add script. I would like to know if someone that hosted the site on go daddy if they could help me with the web.config file to be able to connect to the site. Thanks for the help
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2007 at 7:18 PM
What version of CSK are you using? club-add was only for v1... is that what you mean?????
Oct 23, 2007 at 7:58 PM
I am using the starter kit v1. I built the sqlserver on godaddy, created the club.mdf on there. But I cannot connect to the database. In the web.config you have to add the server to the file correct? I get this:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

SqlException (0x80131904): An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +171
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +199
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) +348
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) +160
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) +371
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +184
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +193
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +501
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +429
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +70
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +510
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +85
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +89
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +160
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +118
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +139
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +83
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1659
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.GetData() +50
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +214
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +62
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +55
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +13
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +88
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5731
Oct 24, 2007 at 4:39 PM
I got it thanks.