WebSettings

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:56 AM
I have got most of the website up and running (left out a few things e.g. forums) (www.anucc.org) on GoDaddy.

Main problem was that websettings must have an id = 1 (otherwise new default websettings get created by each user) - is their a way to get the code to use the first websettings record rather than id=1?

PS I can send you the code I have got working if you want (refactored to use objectdatasource, tidyed up L&F, fixed bugs etc)
Nov 7, 2007 at 10:13 PM

foleyp wrote:
I have got most of the website up and running (left out a few things e.g. forums) (www.anucc.org) on GoDaddy.

Main problem was that websettings must have an id = 1 (otherwise new default websettings get created by each user) - is their a way to get the code to use the first websettings record rather than id=1?

PS I can send you the code I have got working if you want (refactored to use objectdatasource, tidyed up L&F, fixed bugs etc)

Good work! I had a couple of questions.
1. Are you able to bulk upload photos?
2. Are the photos stored in a file location or the db?
3. I had gotten the site running and processing logins, but I couldn't do anything else that used the db (add events, blog entries, etc). How did you work around on GoDaddy?

Thanks.
Nov 8, 2007 at 1:41 AM
1. Still working on bulk upload of photos (to db only)
2. Photos etc all going into db
3. No problems with db - I chose a sql server 2005 database but did not select any schemas. Ran all the sql to create schemas etc seperately.
Nov 14, 2007 at 2:12 AM
I forgot to add that
a) I created a documents directory using Godaddy's filemanager so that it had write access
b) I changed subsonic code to not do logging (search Google for subsonic & godaddy
Nov 14, 2007 at 9:44 PM
also
a) sending mail via godaddy does not require a username and password. So far I have just commented that out but it shuld be handled by a websetting
b) retrieving forgotten passwords requires smtp details in web.config