Hosting Solution

Topics: Help
Nov 8, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently looking for a hosting solution that would be suitable to host the Club Starter Kit web site.

Anyone out there using a web hosting solution? any sugestion would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hannibal
Nov 8, 2007 at 10:07 PM
The key is to have a host that provides "Full Trust" which is not super common.
I use ultimahosts.net to host a couple of Club Starter Kits and they have been great.
There is a tutorial on how to get a club starter kit up on Ultimahosts.net at http://www.aspstarterkit.com if you are interested.

Nov 18, 2007 at 1:41 AM
I've just got Version 3 BETA 1 up and running at www.Zebu-Cattle-for-Sale.info, it's running in Medium Trust, and I merged it with the Classifieds Starter Kit.

It's hosted with www.Marvalus-Domains-Hosting.com, prices are great and you can publish your local database to your hosted database using the Database Publishing Wizard which provides right-click integration with Visual Studio. It's wonderful, you right click the database, chose Publish to Provider, and step through it.
Dec 21, 2007 at 4:05 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2007 at 4:06 AM
Thanks for your input. I got a question regarding the SubSonic somponent. Does it need to be install on the hosting web server ? or can I just include it in the bin directory and it will work properly? any input have or how to work with the subsonic on a hosting server would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hannibal
Feb 14, 2008 at 1:53 AM

Anyone has some input on how to deal with the SubSonic component on a hosting solution?

Do I need to have the hosting provider install the subsonic? or there a way to do without any intervention from the hosting solution?

many thanks

Hannibal
Mar 3, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Thanks,