New User Sign Up Freezing

Topics: Developer Discussion, Help, Request
Dec 18, 2007 at 8:49 PM
Ok, I am stumped... When a new user clicks register, enters their information, then hits submit - upon submit all the box's become greyed out and the page just sites there - it does not re-direct to the default page. No errors - no nothing. But the site does work locally, just not live, I am using GoDaddy temporarily. Here is the code:

<script runat="server">
Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
username.Enabled = False
password.Enabled = False
confirmpassword.Enabled = False
email.Enabled = False
question.Enabled = False
answer.Enabled = False
Addr.Enabled = False
Phone.Enabled = False
fname.Enabled = False
lname.Enabled = False
NewsletterCheck.Enabled = False
If password.Text = confirmpassword.Text Then
Try
Membership.CreateUser(username.Text, password.Text, email.Text, question.Text, answer.Text, True, System.Web.Security.MembershipCreateStatus.Success)
Dim user As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(username.Text)
MemberInfo.Insert(Addr.Text, Phone.Text, fname.Text, lname.Text, Nothing, CType(user.ProviderUserKey, Guid), NewsletterCheck.Checked)
Membership.UpdateUser(user)
If ClubStarterKit.Web.UserAdministration.NeedsEmailVerification() = True Then
user.IsApproved = False
ClubStarterKit.Web.UserAdministration.SendEmailVer(user)
status.Text = "We have recieved your request. We have sent an email verification email. Please go to your email inbox and read the instructions from our email to verify your account."
Else
If ClubStarterKit.Web.UserAdministration.NeedsAdminVerification() = True Then
user.IsApproved = False
ClubStarterKit.Web.UserAdministration.SendAdminVer(user)
status.Text = "We have recieved your request. Please wait while an administrator approves your membership application. You will recieve an email when your account is verified."
Else
user.IsApproved = True
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(user.UserName, False)
Response.Redirect("~/default.aspx")
End If
End If
Catch ex As Exception
End Try
Else
status.Text = "Error. Your passwords do not match!"
username.Enabled = True
password.Enabled = True
confirmpassword.Enabled = True
email.Enabled = True
question.Enabled = True
answer.Enabled = True
Addr.Enabled = True
Phone.Enabled = True
fname.Enabled = True
lname.Enabled = True
NewsletterCheck.Enabled = True
End If
End Sub

Any help would be appreciated - I have tried re-loading the pages, re-loading the whole project - and once live it freezes. The usernames do come up when you sign in but the Member permissions are not there.

The live url: http://www.moenormangolfacademy.org
What is suppose to happen is the video's offered require a sign up, once a user signs up it takes them to the proper page or video they selected. But when they are on the register and sign up - it greys out boxes, it does add their name to the db, but the video's do not show up.

Here is a username and password that works - when you sign in you will notice a video tab shows up in the menu -
Username: lisam
Password: noelle!

But here is a new user that signs up and gets greyed boxes, it will allow them to sign in but the permissions are not there, the video tag will not show up:
Username: adambruce
Password: bruceadam

Sorry this is so long, but I am so frustrated and heads will roll if I cannot get this fixed.
Any help would really, really be appreciated.

Thank You
Lisa
Dec 19, 2007 at 2:18 PM
Please, no one out there is able to offer any help on why this would be happening? I am not getting any errors so I am lost as to what could be happening. Everything works fine locally.
Thanks
Lisa
Dec 20, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Ok this is attempt 3 for some help - I got the page to work - but now I get an object 'Null' error when a user hits submit from the register page. They are registered and have access to the video's, but i am not sure what is causing the object null error. This only happens in IE, not firefox.
Can any one help? Or am I just being ignored...
Dec 20, 2007 at 7:02 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2007 at 7:05 PM
What version of the Club Site are you using for the baseline of your site? You may want to post your question here as well...

http://forums.asp.net/1134.aspx

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:01 PM

flickman wrote:
What version of the Club Site are you using for the baseline of your site? You may want to post your question here as well...

Thank you for the response - I am using Version 3 Beta 1. Everything works flawlessly locally but once made live, errors on pages or pages do not want to show up. Now I am getting an error on the blog page - I am not an expert at this stuff so any help would be appreciated.
I will try the other forum also, thank you for your suggestion.
Dec 21, 2007 at 4:41 AM

flickman wrote:

Hi Flickman,
I wrote on the other forum like you suggested but the response I got was "find your own errors"...
So thank you for trying, but obviously no one is willing to help.
Dec 21, 2007 at 6:05 AM
Ok I fixed a lot of the errors after doing some research on the issue I was having - but new problems arose. The register.aspx... when a new user goes to sign up - then hits submit - it takes them to the default page, but they are not signed in. Click login to sign in and the new username and password are not found, nor is the info into the database. My connection strings are good I and triple checked them and nothing changed on the page except me uncommenting the address validation control (Which was what caused the previous problem I was having)

Anyones Thoughts?