Photo album error

Topics: Help
Dec 18, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Hi
The issue I have is that I deleted the current photo then attempted to create another album. The problem is I do'nt get any error at all on the screen just does not add it.

I am very new to ASP and thois is my first project , so applogise if I have missed somthing on the instructions but I have spent a number of hours searching the forums for this error.

The debug window on visual web developer express does show an error however but not having a huge amount experience I am a bit lost at what it is telling me.
"An exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code
A first chance exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll"

Error from debug log window

I am using the latest version of the club starter kit (VB express edition)

I think it is because I deleted the album before adding a new one but I could be wrong, I don't want to have to start again with a new db. The club I am doing this for wants it up and running over xmas.

Thanks

Spencer
Dec 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM
Found the fix,

well i can now add albums,

although it's not perfect.

updated the photo\new.aspx to the below, adding in the description column.

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ClubsiteDB %>"
SelectCommand="SELECT title, ownerid, private FROM albums WHERE (albumid = @albumid)"
InsertCommand="INSERT INTO Albums(title, parentid, isprivate, description, ownerid) VALUES (@title, @parentid, @private, @description, @ownerid)"
OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}" OnInserting="SqlDataSource1Inserting" OnInserted="SqlDataSource1Inserted">
<SelectParameters>
<asp:Parameter Name="albumid" />
</SelectParameters>
<InsertParameters>
<asp:Parameter Name="title" />
<asp:Parameter Name="parentid" DefaultValue="0" />
<asp:Parameter Name="ownerid" />
<asp:Parameter Name="description" />
<asp:Parameter Name="private" />
</InsertParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>
<asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="Sqldatasource1" Width="444px"
DefaultMode="Insert" Height="165px" OnPageIndexChanging="FormView1_PageIndexChanging">
<InsertItemTemplate>
<table>
<tr>
<td>
Album Name</td>
<td>
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("title") %>' />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
Description
</td>
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("description") %>' />
</td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
<td>
<asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server" Text="Album is private and non visible to other users"
Checked='<%#Bind("private") %>' /></td>
</tr>
</table>

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:06 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM

I know this was forever ago, but I am having the exact same problem. Is there anything else you did? I still can't get it to take. No errors nothing. Just a redirect back to the list. If anyone out here knows how to fix this please help.