Server Error in '/' Application.

Topics: Help
Apr 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this so i hope you can help me a little bit. I finaly got some of the pages running. http://kbsdesign.web.surftown.nu/default.aspx

So far everything looks normal, but when i try to go to the forum i got this message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 14:                 Return "~/app_themes/" & Page.Theme.ToString & "/images/lockedtopic.gif"
Line 15:             Else
Line 16:                 Return "~/app_themes/" & Page.Theme.ToString & "/images/topic.gif"
Line 17:             End If
Line 18:         End If

Source File: D:\hshome\kbsdesign\kbsdesign.web.surftown.nu\Forum\topics.aspx    Line: 16

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ASP.forum_topics_aspx.GetIcon(Boolean section, Boolean locked) in D:\hshome\kbsdesign\kbsdesign.web.surftown.nu\Forum\topics.aspx:16
   ASP.forum_topics_aspx.__DataBinding__control7(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\hshome\kbsdesign\kbsdesign.web.surftown.nu\Forum\topics.aspx:126
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +92
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +15
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +102
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +124
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +443
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +51
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +75
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +55
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Anybody see whats wrong? I really hope somebody can help me in the right direction:)

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Maybe I am a little late. Followed the link and the forum link seems to be working now? Is this built on the ClubStarterKit v3 Preview version? Very quiet on the club starter kit now. Have to blame myself also, not taking the time to build something on it yet. I`m just a hobbyist. But I plan to. I guess the new version is working to well for everybody :-)
May 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I deleted the post in the form, so now it seems like it working, but i don't know when i make a new post in the forum...time will show.

It is version 2.0

But now i face a new problem, when trying to register a new member, i get this error on http://kbsdesign.web.surftown.nu/member/register.aspx

The control with ID 'UpdatePanel1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The control with ID 'UpdatePanel1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The control with ID 'UpdatePanel1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.]
  System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.get_ScriptManager() +184
  System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.RegisterPanel() +89
  System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.OnInit(EventArgs e) +20
  System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
  System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

any idea?