Mail Help

Topics: Developer Discussion, Help
May 26, 2008 at 10:32 PM
Edited May 27, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Hello,

I was just wondering what I should do if I need a Mail Server on my website, but the one I try doesn't work. For instance I am trying to use my personal cableone.net email address. I tried setting the mail server as "mail.cableone.net" and the username as my username, and my password as my password. The problem is that when I try to send an email through the website, it says, "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 72.167.82.11:25" and of course the email is not sent. Can you help me? Is there a certain mail server that I should use? I think it may be that the mailbox I am trying to send it to doesn't accept it, which is its own email address. I have tried several different email addresses, so I am unsure what the problem is..

Thanks tons in advance!

Josh

PS. I am using the latest build of the Clubsite 3.0

UPDATE! The website does send emails to users on its own, but I am still unable to send an email using the "Send Email" option.

May 27, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Josh,

I had a number of issues with getting sendmail to work on my hosted site. I use a my own domain and nothing seemed to work at first. I ended up using "localhost" to resolve the issue you mention. Not sure if it applys to the way you have your site setup, but it's worth a shot.
May 27, 2008 at 10:41 PM
riscfl,

Where did you put "localhost"? Did you put it as your server name or what?

Thanks lots!

Josh

PS. Is there anyone else out there that has a suggestion? I would appreciate it!

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:28 PM
Josh - I entered "localhost" as the "Mail Server" under Site Details to correct the error message you posted about.