E-mail error

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:40 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM

I am using Club Starter kit 2.0 and getting this error. My hosting site thinks someone did not fill in their e-mail address. One person did. Can this cause this error?

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: address

Source Error:

Line 133: name = "-"
 Line 134: End If
 Line 135: Dim address As New MailAddress(mem.Email, name)
 Line 136: Dim user As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(gui)
 Line 137: Dim da As New DataSetTableAdapters.MemberInfoTableAdapter

Source File: e:\HostingSpaces\XXXXX@XXXXX.com\XXXXXX.ultimahosts.net\wwwroot\admin\Email.aspx.vb Line: 135

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: address]
System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding) +939586
System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName) +10
Admin_Email.GetRecipients() in e:\HostingSpaces\XXXXX@XXXXX.com\XXXXXX.ultimahosts.net\wwwroot\admin\Email.aspx.vb:135
Admin_Email.btnSend_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\HostingSpaces\XXXXX@XXXXX.com\XXXXXX.ultimahosts.net\wwwroot\admin\Email.aspx.vb:50
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:33 PM
Yes - when sending an e-mail to all members a blank e-mail address in any of the user's details can cause this error. I thought some validation code was added so that users HAD to enter an e-mail address. What build are you using? In the interim, make sure all users have an e-mail address to correct this error.

Jun 17, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2008 at 7:24 PM

I am using Club Starter Kit 2.0 Final. I deleted the one person with out e-mail address and now I am getting a different error. Working with the hosting site for this error.

riscfl wrote:
Yes - when sending an e-mail to all members a blank e-mail address in any of the user's details can cause this error. I thought some validation code was added so that users HAD to enter an e-mail address. What build are you using? In the interim, make sure all users have an e-mail address to correct this error.

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:51 PM
Ok - what's the new error message?
Jun 19, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Server Error in '/' Application.

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Authentication is required for relay

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Authentication is required for relay

Source Error:

Line 76: smtp.UseDefaultCredentials = False

Line 77: smtp.Credentials = a

Line 78: smtp.Send(msgMail)

Line 79: Response.Redirect("~/default.aspx")

Line 80: End Sub

Source File: e:\HostingSpaces\XXXXXX@XXXXXX.com\XXXXXXXX.ultimahosts.net\wwwroot\admin\Email.aspx.vb Line: 78

Stack Trace:

[SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Authentication is required for relay]

[SmtpFailedRecipientsException: Unable to send to a recipient.]

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) +1877

Admin_Email.btnSend_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\HostingSpaces\XXXXXXX@XXXXXX.com\XXXXXX.ultimahosts.net\wwwroot\admin\Email.aspx.vb:78

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

riscfl wrote:
Ok - what's the new error message?

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2008 at 7:23 PM

The e-mail error was solved by the web hosting.

Ultimahosts.net was very helpful and patience in solving the problem.

I had but in the wrong users name.

add key="ClubMailUsername" value="SnoGoers8@sonorapasssno-goers.com" /

<mailSettings>
<
smtp from="SnoGoers8@sonorapasssno-goers.com">
<
network host="mail.sonorapasssno-goers.com" password="XXXXXXXXXX” userName="SnoGoers8@sonorapasssno-goers.com" />
</
smtp>

Thanks to everyone that answered my post . They all help me learn more about using and coding .
Our web site is up and running fine now.