Modify Menu

Topics: Developer Discussion, Help, Request
Jun 21, 2008 at 8:42 PM
How can you modify the menu to have sub menus. For example I would like to have the events menu item to expand and have the month view, list view, and location list links displayed so they are accessible directly from the main menu. I have modified the web.sitemap XML file and added child SiteMapNodes, but nothing changed the event menu item did not expand when hovering over it and when clicking on it it still took me to the claendar.aspx page. What else do you have to modify?
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2008 at 12:16 AM
You'll have to find some javascript out in the wild that will display this for you. Then you'll have to change the menu template to reflect the necessary changes.
Jul 3, 2008 at 9:47 AM
Hi, I replaced the repeater control with a Menu control:

<asp:Menu Width="100%" ID="Menu1" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1">

<DynamicHoverStyle BackColor="#2172A1" ForeColor="Black" />

<DynamicMenuItemStyle BackColor="#2172A1" CssClass="navtop" BorderColor="#2172A1" HorizontalPadding="4px" ItemSpacing="2px" VerticalPadding="1px" />

<DynamicMenuStyle BackColor="#2172A1" BorderColor="#2172A1" />

</asp:Menu>

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:33 PM
Thanks Thoze... That is exactly what I needed. One additional question. It is not recognizing the cssClass navtop even though it is in the format.css under app_themes. Any idea what I am missing?
Jul 11, 2008 at 7:34 AM
Perhaps your inline-style-attributes override the css-class?