Club starter kit - get starting help

Topics: Help, Request
Mar 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM
Hi, I'm on my first steps in this web world.
I'm using Visual Web Developer 2008 express edition and SQL Server management studio.
I downloaded the zip and open with VWD but I cannot view it in browser:
Server Error in '/Express (VB)' Application.
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Zack\Desktop\ClubStarterKit Beta 1\Standard (VB)\ClubStarterKit.Web\App_Data\ClubDB.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

Any idea?
Thank you
Apr 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM
Having the same trouble. It seems we need access to the server which accepts only people with predefined creds such as username and password, am i right?
in which case, please make a recommendation, would really love to see how this project works :)

Thanks
Apr 24, 2009 at 6:16 AM
admin/admin (just read the comments)    
Aug 29, 2009 at 8:54 PM
dglienna wrote:
admin/admin (just read the comments)    

There is an admin folder but no sub folder or file called admin.

I am having lots of issues running this project.  I am using VS2008, SQL 2005 and have installed and added the Web Deployment Project to this project.  Now when I build the site I get the following error:

" 'Section' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.UserControl'." for line 9 of Page.aspx.vb.  I looked at the code and I don't see the problem.

This problem occured after I installed the Web Deployment Project and executed a build.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kevin