Runtime Error Beta 2

Topics: Help
Mar 8, 2007 at 7:33 PM
Server Error in '/restore' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

So in my web.config i put after line 148...
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="member/login.aspx" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" />
</authentication>

yet I still get that above error. HELP! This is on my web4life host....I am fine running this locally. BTW when you delete Blog posts it tries to validate you on the comments boxes.
Mar 8, 2007 at 7:43 PM
Ok anyone uploading their site to webhost4life just make sure its set to 2.0....and everything should work right out of the box, sans updating the connect string.

Everything is ok now I got it working!
Mar 9, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2007 at 12:17 AM
Cool...

GoDaddy is a different beast altogether...Their DB Web Console is such a PITA to work wih that I was only able to load my website, but any functionality like "register" does not work. Only some of the SPROC loaded...

I was really hoping to get it running today as well..

http://www.AutoConceptElite.com Here is the website...

Any help is appreciated..

Mike
Mar 9, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Oh man another client of mine has goDaddy and its awful, the web interface was so bad I abadoned doing any database sites. I hated it!

web4life lets you connect with SQL Server Management Studio, its so much easier :D
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:04 AM
Has anyone been able to get this kit working on GoDaddy? Lucky me just signed up on GoDaddy a couple of days ago for the purpose of hosting this kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I should point out (if you haven't guessed already) that I am quite new to all this.
Mar 26, 2007 at 4:39 PM
Our Website is working BARELY...the BLOGS don't work, the FORUMS don't work and sometimes, even the NEWS FCK craps out..

The DB process was a royal pain with GoDaddy. It took SEVERAL attemps to finally got it to build the DB correctly.

The GoDaddy tech support was pretty useless as well. They told me to convert my SQL file to a CSV and upload it using their web-console tool.

What worked for me to get to where we are today was to create an EMPTY DB and loaded the Schema SQL File First, THEN add the Schema and DSN that GoDaddy provides.

Then I uploaded the DATA SQL file minus the HUGE Image that is on it.

There are a lot of bugs with the website, but it is working for now.

good luck
Mike
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2007 at 6:13 PM
If anyone is looking for a hoster that does Full Trust, SQL Mgmt Studio access and the best support and low price... http://ultimahosts.net is the best! The starter with 2gig space 10gig bandwidth, and UNLIMITED SQL DBS ($80 a year!).
Mar 26, 2007 at 8:01 PM
Thanks for the tip z2bass.

Unfortunately, it is a few days too late for me :(

By the way, I haven't yet cracked the Club Starter Kit 2.0, but I have managed to get the original Microsoft version to work on GoDaddy. You can see how I did it here http://forums.asp.net/1637380/ShowThread.aspx#1637380 (apologies for linking to another forum if that is frowned upon).
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 10:21 PM
GoDaddy seems like a really bad SQL hoster.