Summing up All the Add-Ons

Topics: Developer Discussion
Mar 24, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Well, many of us are developing intranet/internet sites based on ClubStartKit. I think, it would be great, if all we write down the add-ons/plug-ins/changes we made to CSK. So we can bring them together and make CSK more powerful (let's join the lions and create Voltron ;)).

I added the followings;
1.) A basic invitation system; admin automatically adds new users based on the e-mail addresses and sends e-mails (username's and passwords) to whom he/she wants to contribute and. admin just enteres the e-mail subject, addresses and message body. The body also contains a link to the login page.

2.) Document management; It is simply a copy of photo albums. The documents are stored in the database for security.

So, what are yours..?
Mar 24, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Hi Plaid,

Call me stoopid, but isn't putting together all the add-ons what this CSK 2.0 is all about?
Document management.... great idea! why not add it?
Mar 25, 2007 at 2:03 PM
No lexvis...not stoopid. And yes, some more tools to help with document management would be great. A 'delete' function might be a nice starting point.

On a related note: I do have problems finding all the little tweaks in the various source code updates from one release to the next. Is there a 'file compare' function or a simple redline trick that I'm missing that might make keeping up a little easier? Would appreciate any helpful hints.
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM
I would ask that you not put the docs in the db b/c it takes a much longer time to get the docs out of the db.
Mar 26, 2007 at 7:34 AM
Ok, maybe with a configuration option, i can give the user a choice, whether hold the docs on db or on file system.