Profile table

Topics: Help
Apr 2, 2007 at 4:57 PM
I am wondering if anyone could help me usethe MembershipNumber column in the profile table so I amy use it for my hiking club members to insert their club membership number when creating a new account. I am thinking that I need to change a setting in the webconfig as well as setup the membershipnumber textbox on the createuser form. Thank you.
Apr 2, 2007 at 5:34 PM
You can use the MemberInfo table. And by using validation/error controling controls, you can easily make the insertion of membership number as required data.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2007 at 7:15 PM
You could do a count of the # users in the table and then just add 1.
Apr 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Plaid wrote:
You can use the MemberInfo table. And by using validation/error controling controls, you can easily make the insertion of membership number as required data.

What I am asking is I want to add a field to the create user form, I understand that the easiest way to do this is to use the profile feature, I checked the profile table and found that there is a membershipnumber column already setup, what I need to know is how do I use this field? I assume I need to do something in the webconfig and assume that I add the field to the createuser form. Is this correct? What do I need to include in the webconfig? I need specfic directions. Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2007 at 11:49 PM
I see what you mean... we have a built in extender to the membership provider. It is in the memberinfo table. I can explain how to add to this... it involves some simple coding.