AJAX Problems in IE 7

Topics: Developer Discussion, Help
May 4, 2007 at 10:17 AM
I keep getting unknown runtime error on line 1316. When I debug its on this line
updatePanelElement.innerHTML = rendering;
in the function _destroyTree in ScriptResource.axd

I've tried installing the latest asp ajax from microsoft but it is still having issues. Is anyone else having this problem?
May 4, 2007 at 11:28 AM
I haven't seen that error yet. Can you explain how/when you receive the error so we can try to duplicate it?
Coordinator
May 4, 2007 at 7:41 PM
The most general fix is taking out the update panel.
May 4, 2007 at 8:25 PM
Edited May 4, 2007 at 8:48 PM
It happens on member/details.aspx when I click update info. It works fine in firefox. It also does it when I click Change Password.
Jun 11, 2007 at 10:43 PM
Hi, I think I figured this one out.
The error comes from the <p> elements just under the table describing the member details. If you move the content IN the table - just create a row and a cell, and move the update button and the rest in the cell, then it should work.
The explanation is that the innerHtml method in IE does not like to take some structures in the string. But if you move everything in the table, then it should work.
Checkout how it is done in the password change form - the update button there is in the table.
Hope this helps!
N
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2007 at 11:09 PM

demobau wrote:
Hi, I think I figured this one out.
The error comes from the <p> elements just under the table describing the member details. If you move the content IN the table - just create a row and a cell, and move the update button and the rest in the cell, then it should work.
The explanation is that the innerHtml method in IE does not like to take some structures in the string. But if you move everything in the table, then it should work.
Checkout how it is done in the password change form - the update button there is in the table.
Hope this helps!
N

Can you put this in a work item for me?
Jun 12, 2007 at 1:56 PM
there you go:
http://www.codeplex.com/ClubStarterKit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2475
I do not have access to the source code now, but can post a code segment it you thing that would help.